To sell insurance, you will need to take a state insurance licensing exam in the specific line of insurance you want to sell.
- 1 What qualifications do you need to sell life insurance?
- 2 Do life insurance agents need a license?
- 3 Can you sell life insurance without a license?
- 4 How do I get licensed to sell insurance?
- 5 How much does it cost to get certified to sell insurance?
- 6 How do you become a life insurance agent salary?
- 7 Can you sell life insurance?
- 8 How do I become an independent life insurance agent?
- 9 How much can you make selling life insurance?
- 10 Why is selling life insurance so hard?
- 11 How hard is the life insurance exam?
What qualifications do you need to sell life insurance?
Requirements and Qualifications
- A high school diploma or GED certificate.
- An insurance sales license or willingness to earn one.
- Communication and sales skills.
- Experience in health insurance or life insurance sales (preferred)
Do life insurance agents need a license?
Insurance agents must be licensed to discuss insurance products or complete sales. Each state has unique licensing requirements.
Can you sell life insurance without a license?
As mentioned above, to sell insurance you will need to carry an insurance license. Insurance laws are administered at the state level, which means that each state has its own set of policies and requirements surrounding insurance licensing.
How do I get licensed to sell insurance?
In general, to obtain a license to sell insurance, one must pay a fee, complete a pre-licensing training course and pass a licensing examination. Some states also require license applicants to be sponsored by an employer. Agent licenses must be renewed periodically and maintained by completing continuing education.
How much does it cost to get certified to sell insurance?
Prices for the exam vary by state but typically run between $40-$150. Once the test is completed the next step is to apply for your insurance license. Each state has its own license application process. Generally, there is an application fee ranging from $30-$200 and a background check that could run around $30.
How do you become a life insurance agent salary?
The highest salary for a Life Insurance Agent in India is ₹50,000 per month. The lowest salary for a Life Insurance Agent in India is ₹8,846 per month.
Can you sell life insurance?
Yes, it is possible to sell your life insurance policy for cash in a transaction called a life settlement. People 65 or older can typically sell their life insurance policy as long as the face value of the policy exceeds $200,000.
How do I become an independent life insurance agent?
Below are the exact steps you need to follow to become an independent insurance agent and succeed in the financial services industry.
- Choose a career path and focus.
- Complete your licensing requirements.
- Get errors and omissions (E&O) Insurance.
- Get Contracted.
- Create a business plan.
- Stay Compliant.
How much can you make selling life insurance?
Like any profession, it takes time to gain experience and build up your income. With that said, the top life insurance agents earn over $100,000 per year. Many make a lot more than that! You can expect to earn $2,000-5,000 per month starting out.
Why is selling life insurance so hard?
Difficulty #1: Commission-Based Pay The majority of life insurance companies classify their agents as independent contractors. They offer neither base salaries nor benefits. This means an agent can work a full week, but if the agent puts no sales on the books, they go without a paycheck.
How hard is the life insurance exam?
Though it may seem somewhat overwhelming at first, preparing for and taking the state health and life insurance exam is NOT that difficult. In fact, most agents who take the exam admit that it was easier than they imagined.