How to Get Your Florida Insurance License
- Step 1: Complete the Florida Prelicensing Education.
- Step 2: Submit the Florida License Application.
- Step 3: Complete Fingerprinting and Background Check.
- Step 4: Prepare and Sit for the Insurance Licensing Exam.
- Step 5: Pass License Application Review.
- 1 How long does it take to get a Life insurance license in Florida?
- 2 Is the Florida Life insurance exam hard?
- 3 What disqualifies you from getting an insurance license in Florida?
- 4 How much is the insurance license exam in Florida?
- 5 Why do insurance agents quit?
- 6 What is a 220 license in Florida?
- 7 How many times can you take the Florida life insurance exam?
- 8 How do you get a 215 license in Florida?
- 9 Does Florida follow the 7 year rule?
- 10 What is a 240 insurance license in Florida?
- 11 How hard is the life insurance exam?
- 12 Can I take the life insurance exam online?
- 13 How many times can I take the life insurance exam?
How long does it take to get a Life insurance license in Florida?
Application approval generally takes 5-15 business days. The steps outlined below will tell you how to get a Life and Health Insurance license in Florida.
Is the Florida Life insurance exam hard?
The Life and Health exam can be challenging. The level of difficulty of the exam will depend on your current knowledge, previous work experience, and how well you prepare. It is important that you create a good study plan and prepare with an online training provider.
What disqualifies you from getting an insurance license in Florida?
An applicant who has committed a felony of the first degree, a capital felony, a felony involving money laundering, a felony of embezzlement, or a felony directly related to the financial services business is permanently barred from a licensure.
How much is the insurance license exam in Florida?
The state exam fee is $44 for each attempt. Regardless of which exam you take, a 70% score is required to pass. A passing score is valid for one (1) year from the passing date. You will be required to re-take the exam if you do not complete the licensing process within that time-frame.
Why do insurance agents quit?
The number one secondary reason agents quit selling insurance was that they ran out of money. The second most common secondary reason agents failed selling insurance was that they ran out of prospects to sell to. The third reason was the agency wasn’t a good fit. And the fourth was personal issues.
What is a 220 license in Florida?
The Florida 2-20 Property and Casualty Agent License, or “General Lines Agent License,” allows an individual, after being appointed by the Insurance Company, to transact any of the following kinds of insurance: property, casualty, surety, health, marine, and miscellaneous lines.
How many times can you take the Florida life insurance exam?
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs) There is a limit of five (5) examination attempts for the same examination type during a twelve (12) month period*.
How do you get a 215 license in Florida?
The basic requirements for becoming a licensed Life Health and Variable Contract (2-15) agent are:
- Complete an online state application and submit fingerprints.
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Be a Florida Resident and a US citizen or legal alien.
- Be in good moral standing in regards to criminal background.
Does Florida follow the 7 year rule?
Yes. Certain Florida background check records are subject to limitations under the federal Fair Credit Reporting Act or FCRA. According to the FCRA’s “7-year rule,” for example, certain criminal records must be removed from an applicant’s history after seven years.
What is a 240 insurance license in Florida?
What is a 2-14 Insurance Agent License? 2-14 refers to the Florida Life (Including Annuities & Variable Contracts) Agent License. This license allows you to sell all forms of Life Insurance. You may also sell FIXED Annuities.
How hard is the life insurance exam?
Though it may seem somewhat overwhelming at first, preparing for and taking the state health and life insurance exam is NOT that difficult. In fact, most agents who take the exam admit that it was easier than they imagined.
Can I take the life insurance exam online?
Individuals may schedule their examinations with PSI either online or by telephone. PSI provides additional examination sites and other test development services for CDI. Specifically, individuals have more choices on the location and times for taking their examinations.
How many times can I take the life insurance exam?
You will find out if you passed or failed the exam at the testing center. However, you cannot register to take it again at that time. Instead, you must wait 24 hours before you can register again. You can take the exam three times in one year.